Going travelling? There’s a high possibility that you’ll turn into a fun-loving hippy. Read on to see what happens:
1) You deliberately grow a dreadlock
Sometimes it’s just easier NOT to brush your hair. And dreaded hair is better than frizzy hair, right?
2) Suddenly, hippy pants and Alpaca clothes are cool
Been to Bolivia? You’ll know exactly what we mean. Anything with a llama on it is as good as sold.
3) Shoes are no longer necessary
You just want to be at one with nature.
4) Fire dancing becomes an art form (NOT dangerous)
The first time you see it you’re worried, the second time you’re amazed; the third time you’re doing it.
5) There’s no such thing as TOO many bracelets
If you don’t have at least 8 bits of string and a few beads tied round your wrists then you may as well stop reading.
6) You say ‘aura’ at least once a day
Travelling is all about ‘finding yourself’, right? Well auras are just taking it to the next level.
7) You become vegetarian and drink herbal tea… but STILL smoke
Global warming and animal rights are top of your agenda. But a smoking roll-ups won’t hurt… right?
8) You wear trousers that are 10 times too big for you
A classic sign. The ‘hippy’ trousers are almost unavoidable during long trips in India and Asia.
Any of this happening to you? Enjoy it while it lasts! As soon as you’re back home (or maybe 6 months after) you’ll cut out the braid, ditch the bracelets and be back in the office. And as for meditating, you won’t even have time to sleep let alone ‘find the real you’.
So guys, ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF BEING A HIPPY. Sadly, it may not last.