Looking for fun things to do in Yangon, Myanmar? Get ready for unique architecture, amazing food and bustling markets.
1. Visit the Shwedagon Pagoda (pictured), the most sacred Buddist site in Myamar, built 2,500 years ago.
2. Get lost in the Bogyoke Aung San Market, a maze of pairings, clothes, jewellery and street food.
3. Watch the sunset at Kandawgyi Lake and see the glittering Shwedagon reflected in the lake.
4. Take the 3-hour circle train to experience local life and interesting hawkers, or jump off at Pann Hiang and walk to the Shwedagon Pagoda
5. Visit the People’s Park, a mini, slightly-dangerous, theme park. And only 300 kyat per person.
5. Enjoy cheap beer in China Town. Not many places serve beers, so if you’re after some drinks, this is your best bet.
6. EAT, EAT, EAT! Visit 999 Noodle House and the delicious Ni Tar in Downtown Yangon are amazing.