Wondering what clothes to pack for Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and the rest of South East Asia? Use this handy packing checklist and read our top tips!
Beachwear + warm climates
– 2 t-shirts
– 1 long-sleeved cotton top
– 2 strappy tops
– 2 dresses (one smart, one casual)
– cotton trousers
– 2 bikinis
– sarong (doubles as beach towel, and blanket)
– 2 pairs of shorts (denim and cotton)
Trekking + colder climates
– Jeans (useful in cooler areas)
– Trainers/hiking shoes
– Haviana flip-flops (the comfiest of all flip-flops)
– 4 pairs socks (thick and lightweight)
– Wind breaker/rain coat (although you can probably buy there).
– Lay everything out on the floor and ensure each item is versalite. Can it be worn with other items? Is it practical?
– Consider whether you REALLY need each piece. If in doubt, take it out!
– Accept that white clothes won’t stay white. So don’t take anything you’ll be sad about ruining.
– Avoid delicate fabrics and choose items that wash well.
– Take one nice necklace to dress up an outfit.
Remember: you can buy everything in Asia half the price so don’t worry if you don’t have room for a winter jacket.
We picked up a great North Face jackets from Hanoi which cost 400,000 VDN (approx $20 USD).